This week's theme is HEALTH/MEDICAL. Three potential ideas to consider are projects that (1) provide better data to help the healthcare system determine where to deploy test kits, (2) geolocation-enabled apps that let people report symptoms, and (3) improve the efficiency of hospital triage systems. If you are able to combine all three aspects, go for it!
You are welcome to look up any resources online this weekend to build whatever you want (a mobile app, a website, an analytics project, AR/VR, etc.) for any purpose, as long as it supports everyone in the fight against coronavirus. Feel free to invite any friends and classmates to join you! They can sign up whenever they want at bit.ly/HackCOVID to receive information about future hackathons and educational resources.
Since this is a weekly event, hacking for each HackCOVID starts at the same time globally, with these local times:
- 台北 / 香港 / 上海 / 北京: Saturday morning at 6 am
- London / Reykjavík: Friday at 10 pm
- NYC / TOR / DC / BOS / RDU: Friday at 6 pm
- CHI / HOU / DFW / MNE / STL: Friday at 5 pm
- LAX / SFO / SDG / SEA / VAN: Friday at 3 pm
You may work in teams of up to 5, and you are welcome to submit as many projects as you want for 48 hours. The submission deadline is also at the same time globally, with these local times:
- 台北 / 香港 / 上海 / 北京: Monday morning at 6 am
- London / Reykjavík: Sunday at 10 pm
- NYC / TOR / DC / BOS / RDU: Sunday at 6 pm
- CHI / HOU / DFW / MNE / STL: Sunday at 5 pm
- LAX / SFO / SDG / SEA / VAN: Sunday at 3 pm
For this weekend, you will submit your projects on hackcovid-5.devpost.com. We will feature the best project on our website, with more prizes to be determined!this link for additional resources for this weekend. We look forward to seeing your creativity in action!